The much anticipated Epcot International Food & Wine Festival starts today! For a record 75 days you can walk, taste and swirl your way around the world. And while there are endless bites and sips to experience inside the park, there’s also a growing number of fun foodie activities at surrounding restaurants and resorts. We’ll be sharing all of the must try food and wine at Epcot soon, but in the meantime here’s where we recommend experiencing this epic festival in neighboring spots.
Food & Wine Weekends events will be held from September 8 through November 12, 2017, some highlights include:
- The Taste of Bull and Bear ($125 plus optional wine pairings): Experience a five-course menu comprised of exquisite food and wine pairings – all prepared by the illustrious chefs of Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
- The Taste of La Luce ($55 plus optional wine pairings): From the kitchen of La Luce at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, enjoy an exclusive four-course menu with recommended wine pairing featuring the best of La Luce. We’re going next week, so check back for photos and our review soon!
- The Taste of Zeta Asia ($40 plus option sake and beer pairings): Explore perfect pairings of sake or beer with Asian-inspired dishes.
- Chocolate and Champagne Tastings: A decadent selection of à la carte chocolate treats hand-crafted by Waldorf Astoria Orlando’s pastry team. A selection of champagnes are available, as well. Highlights include chocolate truffles, exotic chocolate cakes and bowls of beautiful bon-bons.
- Macaron Bar: Whether indulging in a pre or post-dinner treat, guest can visit the Macaron Bar to try an assortment of flavors, hand-made by the resort’s world-class pastry team. We had the chance to taste an array of these treats, they were divine! We’ll be back for more.
Join STK Orlando and Master Sommelier George Miliotes of Wine Bar George on October 20 at 9:30 p.m. for some of the wildest wines you’ve never heard of… and a few you may never taste again! Head to the wine party on STK’s rooftop featuring pairings, with varietals such as Saperavi from Georgia and Macvin du Jura from France. Tickets are $75 per person—plus tax, gratuity included.
Partake in sweet celebration of National Chocolate Day this September 13, 2017 at a one-of-a-kind Dessert Party at Capa restaurant at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort. Executive Pastry Chef Rabii Saber has prepared a delicious assortment of desserts, and will showcase his award-winning “Curtain Rise” chocolate cake. In addition, the Resort will welcome Master Sommelier George Miliotes for this special event, who will present dessert wines and specialty drinks to accompany the sweet smorgasbord. Tickets are $55 per person and must be purchased online. The September 13 event will begin at 8:00 pm and conclude at 10:00 pm.
The two-day Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at more than 50 stations featuring culinary selections from the resort’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 30 wineries. Upgraded ticket options allow guests to enjoy access to a beer garden featuring a wide selection of craft beers and Oktoberfest-inspired cuisine. The event also includes hands-on seminars with the hotel’s chefs and certified beverage experts.
These are just a few of the many events this fall! Stay hungry Orlando.