Palm trees, crab cakes and refreshing mojitos – what more could you want in a summer evening? You’ll find all this and more at Outriggers Tiki Bar and Grille in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. One step inside Outriggers, located in the New Smyrna Marina, and you’ll start to wonder if you are still in NSB. I love the charm and small town feel of New Smyrna, but I think we can all agree that it’s no Palm Beach. Outriggers is the best kept secret for waterfront dining, here’s what we’d recommend ordering during your next beach trip.
- House Smoked Wings: I know, who orders wings at a seafood joint? Buried in their entree section, order them Island Style as an appetizer instead for a tasty and messy start to your meal.
- Fish and Grit Cake: Your choice of grilled or blackened fish served over a massive fried grit cake.
- Drunken Mermaid Fish Sandwich: Grilled and marinated fish fresh from local waters covered in their signature slaw, remoulade and melted provolone.
- Fat Kid Fries: Smothered in cheddar cheese, bacon, scallions and served with chipotle ranch. Perfect for that beach body – right?
- King Estate Pinot Gris: Crisp and vibrant, this Willamette Valley wine complements seafood perfectly.
Happy summer y’all!