Florida “fall” is always interesting, most weekends I’m torn between a beach day or staying in town to start a new routine. I love summer for the slow pace, but am always eager to welcome fall with all of its football and special events. Orlando has bevy of culinary events in the coming week, here’s a few of our picks!
- Cows ‘n Cabs – Saturday, October 25 at Winter Park’s West Meadow. The outdoor, Western-themed festival will benefit the Community Food & Outreach Center and Elevate Orlando, which assists with fighting hunger and mentoring youth, respectively. 4 Rivers Smokehouse, K Restaurant, The COOP, P is for Pie and Txokos Basque Kitchen are just a few of this year’s participating restaurants. Grab your cowboy boots, appetite and head to Winter Park for the season’s best culinary event! For more information and a complete list of and participating restaurants, visit www.cowsncabs.com.
- Carnavalia – Friday, September 19 at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. I’ve never had a bad meal at The Ritz and they certainly know how to put together a party. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis advocate Sadie Veselka, age 10, will deliver the keynote address. The annual fundraising gala benefits patients of the Assistance Fund, an Orlando-based nonprofit that provides financial assistance to children and adults diagnosed with severe chronic illnesses. Click here to learn more about The Assistance Fund and purchase your Carnavalia tickets.
- Winter Park Annual, Wine & Dine- Wednesday, October 15, features over 30 of Orlando’s best restaurants and shops under one roof. The evening will include tastings, hors d’oeuvres, craft beers and wine. Purchase a “Park Ave” VIP ticket for unlimited (yes, neverending) fine wines, champagne and craft beers. Check out this bevy of restaurants in attendance and grab your tickets for the ultimate Winter Park feast! Most tickets for similar events run $100+, so we’d say this is a pretty good deal at $40.00 – $70.00. For full details and tickets click here.
- Pantry to Plate, Chef’s Challenge- Thursday, September 18, a unique dining event that will test the talents of well-known Central Florida chefs as they prepare a four-course dinner using ingredients found solely in JFS Orlando’s Pearlman Emergency Food Pantry. Kathleen Blake of The Rusty Spoon, Hari Pulapaka of Cress Restaurant and John Rivers of 4 Rivers Smokehouse and The COOP will be judged on taste, presentation, and creativity. Celebrity Chef Cat Cora will emcee the event. All proceeds from Pantry to Plate will go to support JFS Orlando. Tickets are $125 per person or $1,000 for a table of ten. Click here for tickets and event details.
- Virginia Drive Live- Saturday, September 20, Ivanhoe Village Main Street presents Virginia Drive Live with shopping, dining, drinking and more. Click here for tickets.
- Beer Garden (sponsored by The Hammered Lamb) – Enjoy brews and entertainment in the field next to The Venue on the corner of Virginia Drive and New York Avenue.
- Food Trucks (sponsored by The Food Truck Bazaar)
- Wine Stroll – Visit merchants along Virginia Drive and sample wines. Merchants include The Barefoot Spa, Project 7 Yoga and more.
Get out of the house this weekend and indulge your taste buds!