It’s no secret that fall is synonymous with pumpkins, squash and apple pie, but after tasting one too many pumpkin lattes or seeing Trident Pumpkin Spice Gum (oh yes this exists), you might wonder what’s so special about fall flavors?
I’ll admit, I’m pumpkin obsessed, but this season I’ve decided to venture out beyond my pumpkin flavored coffee and experience fall’s bounty from pumpkins and beyond! Here’s our top picks for finding fall flavor around town:
- Harvest Pumpkin Stack (4 Rivers Smokehouses’ Sweet Shops): Pumpkin sponge cake filled with a whipped mascarpone filling, toasted pecans and topped with whipped cream and caramel.
- Caramel Apple Pie (The Coop): Flaky house crust filled with a spiced apple filling and caramel.
- Thanksgiving Feast (American Q): Roasted Pumpkin Chili, Spiced Acorn Squash, Roasted Corn Polenta, Apple Sausage Stuffing, Cider Brined Turkey Breast, Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle and MORE. Full menu here.
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders (The Coop): Buffalo tenders, football games and tailgates are the epitome of fall Saturdays. Feed your friends with The Coop’s latest chicken addition, spicy and tangy Buffalo Chicken Tenders, also available by the bucket.
- The Black Widow Roll (RA Sushi): Crispy soft shell crab, kaiware sprouts, kani kama crab mix rolled in rice and soy paper, then topped with shredded daikon, spicy mayo and eel sauce. Join RA Sushi October 31 for their Boo Bash Party for this exclusive roll and other Boo Bites and Potent Potions! Click here for all the ghoulish details.
- Persimmon Salad (Cask & Larder): Royal trumpet mushrooms, butternut squash, loblolly tomme, arugula and mustard vinaigrette. It’s okay, I still don’t know how to pronounce loblolly tomme either, but this savory salad is unique, light and overloaded with nodes of fall.
- Cinnamon Swirl Maple Bacon Cupcakes (Sugar Suite): Velvety smooth frosting, cinnamon cake and a dash of bacon. Savory and sweet, you could almost justify eating this for breakfast!
- Salted Caramel Apples (Se7en Bites): Dipped in white chocolate peanut butter, rolled in truffle salt popcorn and finished with a dark chocolate drizzle.
- Seminole Pumpkin Tortellini (Luma): Wagyu short rib pastrami, pink eye peas, chappie’s collards, crispy freekeh. Luma is always worth the price tag.
It may be 80 degrees outside, but at least we can pretend its fall with pumpkin flavors and seasonal vegetables!
Photo Credits: All images taken by restaurants respectively.